Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye 2012. Hello 2013!!!

Happy New Years! I am sad to see 2012 go; it was the best year of my life!  I started out 2012 by organizing the first Missouri Miss Amazing Pageant, which was a life changing event for everyone involved.  After the success of the pageant, I realized my true passion in life: making girls and young women with disabilities feel beautiful and confident.  I discovered a love for organizing events and hope to dedicate my life to working for Miss Amazing, Inc.

During the summer of 2012, I was able to travel to Scotland for the third time!  I love spending my summers there and this year was extra special because I attended my first Scottish wedding.  I loved seeing all the men in kilts and women in fancy hats.  I absolutely adore their culture and traditions. The wedding was incredibly beautiful and I look forward to going to another one next year!

While overseas, I also had the opportunity to spend time in breathtaking Portugal.  I am obsessed with their castles and I loved visiting all the historic places there.  It was the perfect vacation that consisted of golfing, laying by the pool, and seeing all the quaint little towns.  Not to mention, the food was fabulous!

Once back in the states, I started my senior year of school and continued to prepare for the 2013 Miss Nebraska USA pageant.  October 7, 2012  is a day I will never forget.  All my hard work and determination paid off as I was named Miss Nebraska 2013! I am still in awe, but I've remained grounded since becoming the 2013 titleholder. To finish off 2012, I have volunteered for many special causes and made appearances at events all over my hometown, and even Vegas at Miss Universe!

With Mayor Suttle at the Holiday Lights Festival Firework Show
My last appearance in 2012 was one to remember!  I had the amazing opportunity to join Omaha's Mayor, Jim Suttle, onstage along with other contributors to the Holiday Lights Festival for the New Year's Eve Fireworks Spectacular!  It was an amazing show and I am so thankful for the opportunity.  While watching the fireworks, I reflected on my year and thanked God for all the blessings he has given me and for all the people he has brought into my life.  I am so excited to see what he has in store for me in 2013!

I have a lot of big moments to look forward to in 2013, so be sure to follow my journey! I hope everyone had a fantastic end to 2012 and will continue to have a happy and healthy 2013!




No comments:

Post a Comment